1. I got checked out by my OB and all has healed well and I've got the green light to try for some sexy time. This has Doc very happy, me not so much. Sex drive is on super low and I feel bad for Doc because it's been a very long time. There wasn't much going on the last trimester because of the bloating and general malaise and prior to that, I was restricted because of my placenta previa, so poor Doc has been on a dry spell for awhile.
2. Jason is growing like a weed. He's already at 11 lbs and has been putting on weight like there's no tomorrow. He's been smiling and cooing and gurgling. It's just amazing at how much he develops everyday!
3. Breastfeeding is about the same, but I think I've figured out what's causing all the fussiness. Jason seems to want to suck and not eat and he gets pissed when he starts sucking and discovers a mouthful of milk. I've started to give him a pacifier after his feeding and he seems really content to suck on that for about 5-10 mins. I guess it's sort of like an after dinner mint? Poor guy...it took me forever to figure this out.
4. Carpal tunnel sucks. My wrists are killing me and it's getting worse as Jason gets heavier. I'm wearing wrists splints at night but it's too difficult to hold J and wear them during the day.
5. Is this bad? I'm already thinking about baby #2 since we have 2 frozen blasts back in Colorado. I know it's way early to be thinking this way, but I really want a sibling for Jason and can't help, but hope that one of those blasts will give us another little baby.
6. Pumping...I have to start thinking about pumping and freezing since I'll be going back to work in October and everyone has told me that their milk starts to dwindle when they go back to work. I actually thought about renting the hospital grade Medela Symphony, but after talking to the lactation consultant, I settled on the Medela Pump In Style.
If you got through my boring rambling, I'll leave you with a couple of Jason pics!
Face of contentment right after a big meal!