First, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and is joyfully recovering from food coma. Second, argh! It's been way too long since I last posted. I can't believe it's been over a month. I don't even know where to begin, so you'll have to excuse me, but I'm going to make a list of all that has been happening between then and now.
1) I'm almost 19 weeks! Holy smoking cows! My belly is definitely starting to protrude and I've given up wearing anything but elastic waistbands. It's a little surreal to look down and not be able to see the underside of your belly.
2) No more all day nausea...finally! Hallelujah! I still have bouts of queasiness here and there, but overall my nausea has definitely subsided. I don't have any cravings and my only real food aversion is to sweets, particularly pastries. I used to love all things cake and pie and now, not so much.
3) I got a promotion, well, sort of...That's part of the reason for my absence. I got an "interim" manager position around the time I found out I was pregnant. Supposedly, it was to be a 3 month gig to determine whether or not I wanted to permanently take the position (it's very different from my current position and would be a definite career change), but it's turned into an indefinite timeline. Add to that, I still have the responsibilities of my current position, so I'm doing double-duty. Hence, my lack of downtime for blogging (because if you can't blog during work, when can you blog?!).
4) Babymoons...Doc and I have just taken 1 of 2 babymoons. We went to Kauai over Thanksgiving and we're (or should I say he's) in the midst of finalizing plans for our Xmas babymoon to Spain, Portugal and Morocco. This is probably our last hurrah for awhile, so we're trying to make the most of it.
5) Sleep and backaches. My old back injury has returned with a vengeance. To combat this, I've been trying to sleep on my side, not to mention that I'll have to side sleep exclusively starting at 20 weeks, but, let me tell you, I HATE sleeping on my side. I am a back sleeper and our bed is nice and firm, made specifically for back sleepers. Side sleeping is making me miserable. I've tried multiple pillows, bought a snoogle, and even switched to sleeping in the spare bedroom, but it's just not working. Any advice?
6) Pink or blue? That is the big question in both households right now. See, Doc is one of three sons and both of his brothers have 2 sons, so there is a definite lack of estrogen on his side of the family. On my side of the family, being that this is the first grandchild/niece/nephew, my mom and sister are just waiting with bated breath to see if it's a boy or a girl. We have the anatomy scan scheduled for this Wed, so I'm guessing that we'll then!
That's the update for the timebeing. I'm sorry for the long winded post, but it's been so long, there was a lot to catch up on. Oh, and I also apologize for being so remiss on the commenting...I'm hoping that I'll be back on the ball soon!
My sons are 6!
1 year ago