Wednesday, October 17, 2012

5 1/2 Months

I can't believe my little man will be 6 months in just two weeks. Time has flown by in a blur and it seems like just yesterday that we had brought him back from the hospital.

It seems like everyday there's something new to discover. J now has two little pearly whites popping up from the bottom of his mouth and he's been eating solids since the 5 month mark. Our pediatrician gave us the thumbs-up on starting solids, so we cautiously started with rice cereal which he absolutely loved. Then we made our way to butternut squash (not so much love), avocado (a hit!), pears (thumbs down), and just yesterday, sweet potatoes (love at first taste).

It's also been so fun to see his little personality start to develop. He just loves being outside and around people and is always "chatting" it up. Our nanny has started to take him to the library story time once a week and she says J loves it. He watches the older kids dance and play and "talks" when the volunteer is reading. The only time he's sad is when he has to go back in the stroller. Definitely no signs of stranger anxiety.

As for my transition back to the working world, it really hasn't been too bad. I miss our little man dearly, but I know that he's in good, caring hands with our nanny (she is so awesome) and I'm actually enjoying being back at work. I've also realized that being back at work is a hell of a lot easier than being home with J all day...being a SAHM is definitely no walk in the park (although I did do a lot of walking in the park when I stayed at home, but that's a different story).

Doc and I have discussed the subject of me quitting my job and staying at home, but we probably won't do that until we move out of our current house and move into a "better" house. Not that our current home isn't good, but we decided a long time ago that we would want to move out of our house into a bigger home with a nice yard and a better neighborhood as soon as we could. It's been a slow going process, but we hope to move next year...Being in the Bay Area, the neighborhood that we're looking at is averaging about $1M for a house (for those of you outside the SF Bay Area, this actually isn't that pricey), so we've had to take our time to build up enough for a down payment and we hope that have that ready by next summer.

And, another note on moi! I have lost all the baby weight and more. Considering I have done no exercise with the exception of walking with J in his stroller, I can only credit the breastfeeding. I can actually feel myself get significantly hungrier after I nurse him. It's amazing!

I started going back to the gym last week just because I was starting to feel a bit sluggish and thought that maybe some exercise would help. Plus, I don't get to go on my daily walks with J anymore. But, I'm nowhere near the "athlete" that I used to be, not that I was that much of an athlete before I got pregnant. After more than a year of not running, it's a slow build up back.

So, that's about it for now! I'll post some pics of J next time!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like everything is going great! Congrats on your weight loss - that's fantastic.

Geochick said...

How awesome that you've been able to save up to get a bigger house. That's a tough market!