Wednesday, February 27, 2013

2013

Where do I even start...First, happy new year! I can't believe this is my first post for 2013. It's been way too long. 

For the first time in several years, we actually stayed at home for the holidays. We had planned to go to Tahoe for a few days and maybe even get some snow time in, but the day after Xmas it started pouring and the roads were a nightmare, so we decided to bag the trip and instead just hang out. So, we spent the holidays at home chillin' and relaxin' and not doing much of anything. 

January and February have been a blur. J started crawling and pulling himself up to standing position and along with that was having to baby proof every inch of our house. He's such a busy-body and loves people (no stranger anxiety whatsoever), so we try to get him out of the house as much as possible and schedule play dates with friends. It's so cute to see him interact with other babies. It's mostly just a bunch of pulling hair, touching faces, and grabbing toys.

Add to that my mother's trip to Korea which got extended for an extra 2 months which caused us to scramble in order to find care for J (she was watching J one day per week). Luckily, both my job and Doc's job provides a back-up care benefit. It wasn't easy, though, because my mom changed her return date on us 3 times! Granted the rescheduling wasn't her fault since she was there to take care of some family financial stuff, but it was a pain in the ass.

And then add a spoonful of our seemingly neverending search for a new home...The housing market is again heating up in the Bay Area and we've put in offers for two houses at asking price and have been rejected. Every weekend is spent going to open houses which we somehow have to finagle around J's nap time.

And then add a pinch of new job anxiety. Yep, that's right, in the middle of all this, I was interviewing for new jobs. I wasn't actively looking to leave my current job, but I got contacted through linked.in by two companies and decided to try for them. The second company offered me a package that I just couldn't refuse that included working from home 3 days per week. So, I'll be starting that in 3 weeks! I've been in my current position for almost 5 years, so I'm a bit apprehensive about the move, but I think it'll be a good thing...well, at least hoping that it'll be a good thing.

And last, we add in two tsps of a vacation to Ireland in April and J's first birthday (Korean dol) in May. We've preparing for our two weeks in Ireland at the beginning of April and keeping our fingers crossed that J will make it through the flight without too many breakdowns. And, we've started planning for his birthday in May. The first birthday is a big event for Koreans, so there's a lot of planning to do. We've rented out the community center and anticipate somewhere between 60-80 people to be there.

On that final note, I leave you with a pic of our recent lunch date.





2 comments:

Frankie Bee said...

omg! he is absolutely adorable! such a little man. Congrats on your new job - I hope the transition goes smoothly and y'all find your dream house soon. I guess everybody is itching to buy while interest rates are still low. I hear you on the busy body - Winn is crawling and pulling up like crazy and getting into everything! Can't wait to hear about Ireland and also the Korean dol. Thanks for updating us!

newbie said...

O.M.G. Sooz, that boy is insanely cute! I just want to *squeeze* him!

Congrats on finding a new job in this environment that allows you to be home 3 days a week. How awesome is that??

And good luck on that trip to Ireland and the first birthday - both are going to be a lot of work, no doubt, but also so much fun!