Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hola!

Nothing new to report on the IVF end. Today we have a conference call with a genetics counselor. Basically, $350 spent to tell us we have no known genetic issues. I'm really not sure why we have to do this, but it's required by Dr. Zed. And, I'm waiting on my MTHFR test which is taking a very long time.

But, on a happier note, we're leaving for Puerto Rico in less than two weeks! Doc loves planning vacations, so he's planned some scuba diving, hiking in the rain forest, horseback riding, and a zipline/canopy tour. It'll be a packed six days in PR with not a lot of downtime, but that's how we like to roll.

As soon as we get back, assuming that AF shows up before June 1st, I'll be back in the IVF saddle getting cozy with the vagiwand with my first in-cycle ultrasound. There won't be a lot to do until then except start taking estrace on CD20.

I've been reading up about estrogen priming and I guess a lot of docs do this protocol differently. Dr. Zed has me on 4mg of estrace taken orally (2mg in the AM; 2 mg in the PM) from CD 20 all the way to my HCG shot. Other docs have shorter protocols incorporated with ganirelix, but I'm assuming that Dr. Zed knows what he's doing, so I'm going to go with it.

For all you wondering IVF minds out there, I got my dosage information for my stims. So as you know, Dr. Zed is a big proponent of starting out strong and then curbing back, if necessary. He says it's much easier to do that than the other way around. So, he's got me on 225IU of foll.istim twice a day (total: 450IU) and 75IU of meno.pur twice a day (total: 150IU). It's the same dosage of meno.pur I was on in my last cycle, but 150IU more of the foll.istim and since I'm taking each of these meds twice a day, I'll be doing at least 4 shots plus the shots for micro.dose lu.pron. Let the bruises begin!

I'm so glad that we're getting this vacation in before starting IVF #2. I already feel more relaxed, but that may just be that I know what to expect.

0 comments: