Thursday, September 8, 2011

Progress

These past few days have been a real struggle, so I apologize if this post is a bit incoherent. I am so incredibly tired and the non-stop nausea has not helped me one bit. I sit behind a desk all day and by 3pm, I am so incredibly tired, I just want to collapse. How do women who do more physical work even function? Am I that much of a wuss?

Yesterday, I had my first "major" ultrasound and they were able to get a count on the heartbeat. The little eggy (named for our one good egg and also "eggy" sounds very similar to "baby" in Korean) is now measuring 9mm with 137 bpm. They're estimating the age to be 6w6d which is only one day behind if you calculate using our transfer day. So far, so good!

As much as I want to go out and celebrate, I constantly have this nagging worry in my mind and I can't help, but be scared. There's always a "but" somewhere. I'm hoping that I'll feel a bit more confidant once I get through the first trimester.

Next stop: med reduction and another ultrasound in 2 weeks!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I think feeling worried is a natural thing after all you've been to get where you are - I hope you feel better soon and glad all is well with your eggy!

Jem said...

I feel you with the fatigue. I could barely keep my eyes open yesterday.

So glad your scan went well. Another hurdle done!!

sienna said...

Aiee, another two week wait! Everything is progressing though so yippee! My first hb at around the sane time was 140 :o)

Anonymous said...

Yea for another good report! So glad things are going well. I know what you mean about the worry. I was the same way until I could feel him move and know he was still there. Take it easy and try to take care of yourself!

Kelli said...

Hooray for the good news on eggy!! =0)

S said...

Yeah, the non-stop nausea and exhaustion do make it hard to get through the days. I also work at a desk and felt like I could sleep for hours by the early afternoon each day the whole first trimester.

Hooray for a good heartbeat and measurements! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that you had another great appointment!

The worrying is your mommy-brain already starting to form :)Looking forward to more great news & hope you're feeling better soon!