Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Seriously Lame

Really, that summarizes my blog and my inability to post on a regular basis. I could blame it on the fact that I'm still in the stupid "interim" manager position that was only supposed to take up 40% of my time but is now taking up 140% of my time. And, I could also blame it on baby-nesting that I've been doing every freakin' weekend. But, really, it all comes down to my laziness.

I am now 32 weeks! I officially have only 8 more weeks to go and our little baby is wreaking havoc on my body. Things that have happened between my last post and now:
  • I have gained 20+ pounds and still gaining. By the end of the day, I feel so heavy...everything is bloated. My belly, my feet, my face (OMG, let's not talk about how chubby my cheeks are), my fingers, my ass. Everything has a plumpness to it that I never thought imaginable.
  • GAS! I believe I am now the main contributor to greenhouse gases. I FART EVERYWHERE! At work, at home, in the bathroom, when I sleep, when I'm awake, while I'm eating...You get the picture.
  • Our little eggy is a major squirmer. He moves constantly and sometimes keeps me awake at night, which doesn't help my sleep situation (this deserves a bullet point of its own).
  • Sleep...Maybe this is nature's way of preparing you for those long sleepless nights, but I haven't had a night of uninterrupted sleep in a very long time. Bathroom breaks and hip pain have made it difficult to do more than 2-3 hours at a time.
Most importantly, though, I think the most amazing thing that has happened is just the transformation, mentally and physically. I can feel our eggy getting stronger and bigger and mentally, I'm so ready for him to arrive in our lives. I can't wait to see his little face and touch his little hands. Two months and counting!!


6 comments:

Frankie Bee said...

Yay! Glad you updated us! 32 weeks - what a milestone. Glad eggie is still cookin' and you are doing well. Not too much longer!

newbie said...

Sooz, that is so exciting! I cannot believe you are almost there...so so close! Thank you for your comments lately - means a lot to me. Glad that all is well and that you're ready to see that baby...we are too!

Nikki said...

Sooz - So happy to hear you and your baby are doing well!!!!! Keep it up! Just 8 more weeks!

Jen said...

Wow eight weeks to go!! You're almost there. So exciting!!!

Unknown said...

Just found your blog! Congrats on your pregnancy. You're in the home stretch. Glad to see one of us leaving the infertile group. Looking forward to following your journey into motherhood!

Kelli said...

Hey Lady! How are things going with you? Thanks for stopping by, hope you are well!!