At this point, I'd really like to have him join the outside world so that I can have my uterus back. He's getting very big, which equals very uncomfortable for me. And, not to mention, we'd like to meet the little kiddo!
We had an ultrasound done last week since my fundal measurement was smaller than prior weeks, just to make sure that he was still growing and that the decrease was due to him dropping and not anything else. Everything checked out just fine and the little guy is measuring within the range albeit a little smaller than the actual date (38w vs 39w). But, I was told this was ok, because ultrasound measurements done at this stage are not as accurate since the babes are too big and it's hard to get good measurements when they're all squished up.
Tomorrow, I go in for another doctor's appointment to do a non stress test and see if, again, everything is a-ok to let me go past my due date and then I'm assuming that they'll probably schedule a date for induction if the little guy decides that he is not going to arrive without a little prodding. I'd really like to avoid doing that, so I might ask for a membrane sweep (supposedly, helps to get the process started).
Let's hope that he decides to arrive soon!