We're almost to 7 months and I have to say that I still can't believe that we've made it this far! I know I'm far overdue for updates, but with work and the holidays, life was freakin' crazy. Things that have been going on:
- J is now sleeping like a champ. We had to resort to a modified Ferber, but now he goes to bed (sleepy but awake) at 7pm and sleeps straight through until 6am. We weaned him from his last night feeding at 6 months after I realized he just wasn't that hungry when he woke up in the mornings. Unfortunately, I still get up once a night to pump, but that's another matter. Crying it out was not easy at all, but it was so worth it, both for Doc and I and for Jason.
- J's naps have also improved now that he knows how to put himself to sleep. He gets 3 naps a day between 2-3 hours.
- Teeth! We now have two on the bottom and one coming in on top. The little man is a super-eater and has three meals a day and 4 nursing sessions. Favorite food: sweet potatoes; least favorite food: bananas. Yeah, we don't understand why he hates bananas so much, but they make him gag. I make all his food, so we've experimented with a few more atypical baby veggies and fruits, like persimmons, beets (super messy, but he really likes these), and cauliflower.
- The babbling has begun...He's such a little talker and is starting to make sounds like ma-ma and ba-ba. He'll babble to himself for a good 10-15 minutes if he's happy and just hanging out in the stroller.
- Jason loves being outside and around people. We make an effort to take him out to the park or story time everyday so that he can see the world. It's so fun to watch him take in everything!
- I'm below my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm not sure how that happened, but between being so busy with work and Jason and nursing, I just haven't been able to eat that much and sure enough, I'm actually able to fit into clothes that I wasn't even able to wear before I got pregnant!
- Nanny is working out great. We were really worried after the NY nanny murders and got super paranoid, but we realized that our nanny is fantastic and she really cares about our little man. She notices when he's not his usual self (like after he got his flu shot and had a little cold) and she gives really thorough reports everyday on what they did together. We're so grateful that we found her!