Friday, September 24, 2010

Q&A

Sienna from It's Baby Time has bestowed me with the honor of a Q&A chain letter. Since I always think it's fun to find out about bloggers, I thought I'd torture you with some facts about moi.

(1) what is your dream occupation?

Without a doubt, I have two dream occupations and they're sort of related. I would be a professional snowboarder. Travel all over the world to different places, shoot Warren Miller films, and spend my days snowboarding in fresh powder. Which leads me to my second dream job, to work for a travel company or travel magazine which pays me go anywhere in the world. That would be the life!

(2) what is the best dish that you can cook?

Well, I enjoy baking more than I enjoy cooking, so I'd say that the best thing that I make is a stawberry cream cake...sort of like the ones that you buy in the Asian bakeries. It's like a sponge cake with very light, fluffy frosting and lots of fruit. I also make a mean pumpkin cheesecake.

(3) have you ever been mentioned in the newspaper? what for?

Once. At the age of 4, I was in a local parade and had my picture taken for the local newspaper.

(4) what's the worst and/or most memorable job you've ever had?

OMG...where to start? I've had so many jobs, but probably the most memorable was my summer job before my senior year in high school. I worked at a marine theme park in the guest services booth. We handled everything from customer complaints to lost children. I got paid $4.25/hour and discovered that my strengths did not lie in customer service.

(5) when you were a teenager, at what age did you envision yourself getting married? how old were you in reality when you got married?

I really had no "visions" regarding marriage nor did I have a personal timeline. I guess I just sort of assumed that I'd be married by 27 (that's when my mom got married) and I'd have children sometime after that. In reality, I got married at 32, and now, here I am at 35.

(6) what's your most hated household chore? what's your favorite?

I hate cleaning the bathtub/shower because it's such a pain in the ass. It's unwieldy, my backaches after bending over and I always, always end up soaked. Luckily, early on in our marriage, Doc and I agreed we'd have someone come every couple of weeks to clean our house. Saves our sanity, time and marriage.

(7) what's your earliest memory?

I have a terrible memory, so probably my earliest memory is when I was about 4 years old and visiting relatives in Korea. I remember my grandparents' house, my cousins, and vaguely remember eating lots of chocoloate.

I'm not sure how many blogs I'm supposed to pass this along, too, but I hereby bequeath Geo Chick at Adventures of a Dam Engineer with this Q&A chain letter.

2 comments:

sienna said...

i love love love pumpkin cheesecake. i once ate a whole cheesecake by myself in highschool. took 2 days and i felt sooo utterly sick afterwards. not to mention, that i swear i gained 10 pounds on the spot. since then, no one is allowed to bring a cheese cake into my home. a slice, yes. but not a whole cake. i have no self control when it comes to cheesecake only.

i envy you on the snowboarding. i'm not very good. i fall alot, but still find it fun. although, i snowboard so infrequently, that the first 30 minutes to an hour are always in serious fear that i will die. after that, i can relax some, but that's about it. it amazes me when i see tiny kids whizzing past me on the bunny slope. sooo sad!!!

Anonymous said...

this is awesome. i love learning more about you!