Friday, April 22, 2011

Five of Fourteen

My apologies for the delayed update, but I wanted to have all the info before I posted. So, first off, I want to say that my body is very consistent. Out of fourteen eggs (yes, this time we got a lot of eggs) only 5 were mature (same as last cycle) and 4 fertilized. We had 7 that were immature and only 1 of the 7 was fertilized, so we've added only 1 extra to the fab four. So, I guess the results are that even with additional eggs, my body just can't manage to produce any more mature eggs.

I'm hoping that out of those 5 at least 1 makes it to blast. Then we'll have at least one blast to add to our single blast from last cycle.

Amazingly, I'm actually ok with the results. I'm not happy with them, but I feel like I'm in "acceptance mode." If this doesn't work, then I'm ready to move on to adoption. I just don't have the energy, stamina or desire to do anymore IVFs.

3 comments:

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Praying that the five make it to day 5!

sienna said...

i've been stalking your blog, but assumed you were waiting for the full assessment before posting! consistency sure beats a crazy surprise. at least 1 making it to blast sounds like great odds to me. fingers, toes, eyes all crossed for you soo ... i can't imagine how much stress this whole ride has been for you so far. but you've hung on, and i hope like hell the results reward all your efforts. big big hugs :o) xoxoxoxo.

Geochick said...

I hope you end up with two to transfer. Good luck! Isn't our weather kind of craptastic leately? Sorry about that.