Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One More!

We got one more blast! I just got the call today and we got our last embryo to develop to a 5BB blast. That means out of the four initially fertilized, we had three make it to blast. Amazing!  I am so thankful and happy and relieved all at the same time. So now we have four blastocysts: 4AB (IVF #3) and 4AB, 3BB, 5BB (IVF #4)

I wish I could figure out what made this cycle so much better than last cycle, but it's so difficult to say. It could've been the saizen or the cocktail of vitamins that CC.RM recommended or it could've been that the reduced work schedule that I started back in February. Shoot! It could've been that the stars were aligned just the right way. Whatever it was, I am so freakin' thankful and happy that we have four chances for a success.

I know we're not in the clear yet and I don't want to get my hopes up, but this gives me a glimmer of hope that it might just work. We haven't figured out when the FET will be, but probably sometime in July/August. We're going on vacation to Iceland and Scandinavia at the beginning of July and want to do the transfer afterward.

So, our next step is a phone call with our doctor on Friday to discuss our transfer and then we'll take it from there!

5 comments:

Nink said...

WONDERFUL!!!!

sienna said...

this is great great great news soo! i've been to iceland twice and it is my absolute favorite place on earth. i would go live there if i could. you are going to have a blast. never been to other parts of scandinavia but it's on my *wish list* for sure. enjoy this last bit of travelling!! xoxoxoxo.

Frankie Bee said...

That's very exciting! - I have been following your blog for a little while now. It caught my eye, because I am about your age and love to ski in the Rockies. I live in MS now and miss the mountains so much. I am still in the IUI stages, but like reading about possibilities for the future if they don't work. Sounds like you are on the road to success at CCRM.
Have a wonderful time traveling this summer. Iceland looks so neat and I think it's a good time to travel there economically speaking.
http://tortoisebaby.blogspot.com/

Kelli said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! That's such great news! I had a student from Iceland last year in my class! What a different world...safe for kids to play far from home!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on such a great report! I actually conceived with a day 5 morula & no blasts, so your chances are even way better than that! Enjoy your traveling, I'm very jealous! :)