Friday, August 26, 2011

The Other 2 Week Wait

I'm not sure which is worse the "typical" two week wait of waiting for your beta results or the two week wait between your beta and that first ultrasound. I'm one week down, with one week to go and it's been excruciating.

Throughout the day, I'll take random moments to feel myself up and make sure that my boobs are still hurting (my one and only "real" symptom). Without that sign, I'd be lost, a complete basket case versus just a semi-basket case. It's hard to concentrate on anything else, and to be honest I've been googling everything under the sun regarding early pregnancy. Luckily, my job requires only half a brain, so it hasn't really affected anything that I'm doing.

As for some of my "maybe" symptoms...hunger. I am starving when I wake up and sometimes in the middle of the night, I'll wake up because I'm hungry. But, then again, I might just be hungry because well, because I'm hungry and I like to eat. Another "maybe" symptom -- gas and lots of it, which seems to be going hand in hand with my constipation. I've been drinking prune juice to alleviate the constipation which I think is contributing to my increased methane output which doesn't really do much for Doc or for my carbon footprint.

Argh! I tell you IF certainly gives new meaning to "patience is a virtue."

6 comments:

sienna said...

my boob soreness went away within the first 4-5 weeks. just an fyi in case it happens to you and you freak bc i did, and it wasn't a biggie. there's always a wait. for that first beta. the 2nd beta. the heart beat. seeing it again. the nt scan. the anatomy scan. the 3T. birth. they're all scary yet exciting at the same time. in hindsite, the pregnancy went by super quickly altho not at the time. maybe you can find a new hobby or two to pass all the time away?? xoxo.

Jem said...

Sooz, I totally get where you are coming from. I had to read the "feel myself up" sentence a couple of times. Reminds me of that line in Sixteen.Candles:

Grandma Helen: Oh Sam, let me take a look at you. Fred, she's gotten her boobies.
Grandpa Fred: I better get my magnifying glass. Ha Ha Ha.
Grandma Helen: Oh, and they are so PERKY.
[reaches to cup them]
Grandma Helen: [cut to:]
Samantha: I can't believe my grandmother actually felt me up.

Frankie Bee said...

Ha - I love sixteen candles!
I don't feel like the waiting thing ends until you have delivered. That will be the best part of the delivery for me. No more waiting. It will all be present moment once the baby arrives.
I say sleep now, because you won't get much later!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your doing great and have some real pregnancy symptoms to keep you busy. I hope the next week flies by for you!

Jen said...

No kidding! I am not a patient person by nature - that has been one positive thing about IF - I have definitely learned to be a more patient person.

Kelli said...

Hope things go by quickly!!!! =0)