Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Too Much Thinking!

I hate to admit it, but I've been thinking way too much and thinking too much usually leads to me worrying and then anxiety and then second-guessing. So, that's where I am right now...second-guessing on everything related to the FET.

Currently the issue I'm obsessing on is whether or not I should have requested a test for beta integrins. When I talked to Dr. Sur about this he said that he didn't think I should test because nothing pointed to implantation issues. I asked why, considering I've had 2 failed IVFs and he replied that those were most likely embryo quality issues.

At the time we talked about this it made sense. The first IVF we transferred two fair day-2 embryos which most likely would not have made it past day 3 and on our second try we transferred a single fair day-3 embryo. So, nothing to make you say, hmmm...those were good embyros, why didn't they make it?

I know it's a bit late for me to be wavering like this, but I can't help wondering. To give me a little piece of mind, I've told myself it things don't work for me with this FET, I'll definitely do the test before our next FET AND I'll also do a laparoscopy (even if Doc doesn't agree with this one).

5 comments:

Rambler said...

Second guessing...I certainly know that one too well. I wound up doing the depot lupron without even testing. Part of me didn't want to wait another month for the right "surge" days and another was afraid I would test out of phase and not get any type of conclusive test anyway.

It wasn't recommended for me either. I actually had to ask Dr. S for it. And then basically made the decision with my nurse. How many are you planning on transferring this time?

Jen said...

It's so hard not to second guess every step of the way. I think you ultimately have to have faith in your doctor though, and trust that they are doing everything they need to for you. Having said that, if you have a nagging gut feeling about something, you need to check it out. Did you do CCS on your embryos?

Kelli said...

ugh sooz....so sorry...it's hard not to think about all the what ifs....

sienna said...

The things you learn with ivf. Must google beta integrins. First I've heard of it. Hind site is so very clearly 20/20. Over thinking is what we all do, so you are normal. Hoping you get a big break here soo.

Anonymous said...

sooz - i'm thinking of you today! hugs!