Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tests Results

Sorry, I couldn't think of a more interesting post title, although I was going to put "Going Insane." That about sums up what I'm feeling...

So I requested a bunch of tests from my ob/gyn and because I'm so impatient, I requested them done now instead of waiting a month and waiting for my hormones to normalize after this IVF cycle. What news did I get?

LH: 5.7
Estradiol: 36
Testosterone: still waiting

But the kicker...My FSH came out to be 23!! WTF! I have to imagine (hope) that this is because my hormones still haven't calmed down after all the injections. I've done the FSH test twice and the results have been 7 and 6. I can't believe that out of the blue it could skyrocket to 23!

And now for the encore kicker...my oral glucose tolerance testing level: 147! It should be below 120. My fasting glucose levels are normal, this shows diabetic levels. WTF?!

Sometimes it's just better off not knowing anything.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I hate ambiguous test results. I am so sorry, and I would be going crazy too. I hope the levels are just out of whack because of your last cycle.

Amy said...

I know, sometimes we are better off not knowing all those results because it just adds to the confusion. Will you test again in a month? I bet your levels will be much more normalized. I hope the month goes by quick!

sienna said...

this all sounds whacky to me, definitely test again!!!

Dandelion Bud said...

I tend to think that FSH isn't accurate.

Have they checked your AMH at all?

Anonymous said...

I don't know a lot about these numbers, but I'm sorry they aren't clear. That's so annoying. I would test again once your hormones calm down and see if that helps.

Anonymous said...

argh! what the hell?! yeah, sometimes less information is better. i'm hoping it's just your wacky hormones. are you going to retest in a month?