Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Another Milestone

Man! Has it really been over a week since I last posted? My humblest apologies for being so delinqent. You see, there really hasn't been much to write about. Since we're going au naturale this time around I haven't had any doctor drama or office visits to complain about. My biggest challenge has been to increase my caloric intake and not offset that by (literally) exercising my ass off.

Although I've been steadily increasing my food, I still am not consuming the 2000+ calories that the nutritioninst is recommending. Yes, you read that correctly...2000+. How the hell am I supposed to consume that much?! I really don't know. I've already gained 5 lbs since we started doing IVF and am now up to 130lbs at 5'6" and have stayed pretty much the same for the past few weeks. I'm scared to death of what may happen if I increase my calorie consumption to 2000. I will say I do love one side effect of gaining weight -- I'm not cold!! I don't have to wear sweaters in the middle of summer. Hallelujah!

I guess I could count the birthday cake that I'll be having tomorrow to my 2000 calories. Yep, I'm turning the big 3-5. I sincerely thought I'd be a mother by now. I even had the gall to think that we might be trying for number 2 around this time. Everytime I think of that, I think of this quote by Woody Allen: "If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans." Well, I've learned my lesson and I'm not planning for anything, but I am hoping that this year will be better than last.

4 comments:

sienna said...

happy happy early birthday soo!!! i hope you and hubby have something fun planned for either tomorrow or this weekend to celebrate!!! let's think of your birthday as a new, fresh start. 34 brought your some heartache, so 35 can ONLY get better. i hope you get all of your birthday wishes (and more) this year. i can't wait to see what good stuff this year brings for you :o) xoxoxoxo.

Lisa said...

happy birthday sooz! i am hoping like crazy that this is the year that your dreams come true...you so deserve it! have 2 pieces of cake to celebrate your birthday and only look ahead :)

the baby baker said...

first of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! welcome to the club neither of us ever thought we'd be a part of: 35 and childless. but don't fret! i have 100% confidence that we'll be pregnant in no time, just not on our ideal schedule.

i hope you did something fun to celebrate!

great job on the calorie intake. keep it up. you'll be warm ... and beautiful!

Low Fat Lady said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you are doing a pretty good job with eating more. Keep up the awesome work.