Friday, October 22, 2010

Year of the Rabbit

I know this is going to sound like a whole lot of hocus-pocus and I wasn't going to write this because, ya know, who wants to sound like an old superstitious Asian lady, but what the hell...I'm already half-way there.

About 6 months into our TTC ordeal, I started seeing a Korean acupuncturist. At one of my sessions, he asked me questions about when I was born, when Doc was born, what time we were born, etc.. At the end of the questioning, he told me that we'd most likely have a baby in the year of the rabbit. Now, at that time, it was July 2009 and the year of the rabbit is 2011. I nearly flipped my lid! He was telling me that I had to wait 2 years for a baby.

Well, low and behold, 2011 is right around the corner and I can't help, but think if that prediction is true. Now he didn't say whether we'd conceive or birth in 2011, but our IVF is scheduled to start in mid-late January 2011, so retrieval would be early-mid February and transfer could be anytime after that depending on whether we do the chromosome testing or not. Lunar New Year is February 3, 2011.

I hate to think I've become *gasp* my mother, by believing in this stuff, but who knows? I've got to have some kind of hope to hold on to. At the very least, it's sort of interesting that I've come full circle and here I am facing 2011 and still no baby.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you do get your little bunny baby. I think we want this so badly that we will try anything that will give us some hope. good luck!

sienna said...

you musta been pissed about this prediction back then, but now you gotta love it, no??? over a year ago, i told dh that our baby (if we conceived soon) would be a tiger. and then i read all the traits of a tiger baby (very aggressive, they are). then i told him bunny traits and he was like "i want a bunny!!", to which i was VERY pissed, bc i wanted a baby STAT and didn't want to wait for a bunny. we started this together, so we're gonna both end up with our bunny babies. i just KNOW it :o) xoxo.

daega99 said...

I hope his prediction comes true!!!

ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

The Wifey said...

I hope the prediction comes true, and you will totally have to share the info on this person so we can all go and find out what is going on with all of us!! lol

Lori LeRoy said...

I like it -- and I don't think it's crazy to believe it. All of us infertiles need something to hang on to. Best wishes in the Year of the Rabbit!!

Anonymous said...

bunny babies for us!

Browniris said...

GL! I hope his prediction is right!!!

ICLW

Megan said...

Here's hoping that prediction comes true :) I remember a doctor telling me in my teens that I needed to have a baby by age 27 so that I could be nursing by then, as a way of preventing breast cancer. Seemed ludicrous but I actually kept that in mind and planned to be nursing my baby by age 27. I didn't realize this baby would be my 2nd child (first was adopted at age 2, this one adopted at 9 days) nor that I'd have to spend months inducing lactation in order to nurse him, but somehow a few months after I turned 27 I found myself nursing a baby. Crazy how things can work out sometimes :)

Krissi said...

Well here's hoping the Year of the Rabbit is your year! I just added your link! Happy ICLW! (#72 & 106)

car said...

If it helps you get through everything it takes to do an IVF cycle, then there's nothing wrong with believing that prediction. All the best for making that baby bunny.
(Stopping by for ICLW.)