Part of me wishes I could just hide under a rock for a while until the call comes just so I don't have to deal with anything, but the world doesn't stop functioning just for me and because of that I have some items I have to deal with that have been hankering in the back of my mind.
1) I just got an invite for a
2) One of my best friend's from college is due for her first in March. Luckily, she's on the East and there's no mandatory baby shower attendance.
3) Another one of my friends is due in June/July. I'll probably be required to go to her baby shower...
4) I went to my first rodeo while I was in Denver. They had the National Western Stock Show (mother of all stock shows) in town and since Doc and I had nothing to do, we went to the rodeo. My impressions? Pretty dang cool...Those cowboys are badass. Sad thing is I'm deathly allergic to horses (I found this out while taking equestrian in college for PE -- I took doped up on allergy meds before class) and in the middle of the rodeo I had to leave because my allergies started to get really bad. So I hung out looking at cows and sheep (not allergic to cows and sheep) while Doc watched the rest of the show.
5) I'm glad to be home...Although Denver is a beautiful city and there's a lot of good things, one of those things is not Asian food. I do not like asian-fusion and there seems to be a plethora of asian-fusion as well as combo-asian (Chinese-Vietnamese-Japanese). Seeing as those three foods are as different as Italian, German and French, I'm not sure how you can combine them together. I'm sure there are some good places that we didn't try, but we gave it our best by going to the ones that were very highly rated on Yelp and I was not impressed. I'm very happy to be back in the Bay.
Now, back to praying for that good report on Saturday...