Thursday, January 13, 2011

Where Are My Follicles?

I went for my first CC.RM appointment today and I had my Day 6 follicle scan. Looks like there's only 8...How I went from having 15 to having 8, I do not know, but that's what the NP told me this morning.

She did the ultrasound pretty quickly and didn't really seem to be looking for small follicles, so I'm hoping that there are a few more that are hiding around in there. But, the stats are as follows:

Right: 11, 10.5, 10.3, 8, 7.5

Left: 8.5, 8.5, 8

E2: 291 

I'm still plugging along with my meds, so we'll see if that changes when they give me a call this afternoon!

6 comments:

sienna said...

i'm sure they're only counting the bigger ones. every time i had an u/s at cornell, my follie count changed. 15 to 10 to 13 ... these scans were only a day apart, so was absurd. so, no worries girlfriend. grow follies GROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how's the weather in denver right now?? xoxo.

Anonymous said...

i think sienna's right. p.s. i only ended up with 8 follies and only 6 were mature so it's all about quality. i'm sure you don't want to hear that right now but just focus on the fact that you are making beautiful, healthy, quality eggs! grow follies, grow!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

For my first IVF they kept telling me I only had 7 or 8 growing and they retrieved 14 (11 mature) I think it's a guessing game until they are all large. How's the weather in CO?

running_girl said...

When I cycled at CCRM, they retrieved like 6 more than they ever saw on the ultrasound. Hoping for the same for you.

annie said...

I don't know much about follicles, but I do know I am NOT reading The Count of Monte Cristo on a screen. I believe it will be next purchase from the great used bookstore. Kindle is packed back away in its box.

Good luck with growing your follies!

Jem said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello. I'm glad to have found your blog, as I'm a bit obsessed with that Colorado clinic. I am hoping we'll never have to go there, tho.

I've had follie counts change, too. I agree with the other comments: keep focused on the positive, on growing big, fat, luscious follies. We're rooting for you!