Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Around the World

Maybe not around the world, but I wish that we could travel that much. I thought I'd write a non-IF related post just about me or should I say us.

Doc and I love to travel. Doc's been globetrotting a lot more than I have, but since we've been together we've gone to quite a few different places. We like the more remote destinations. Places that are off the beaten path and require long plane rides.

Some of the places that we've gone to: Mongolia, China, India, Mozambique, South Africa, Reunion, Mauritius, Tanzania, Croatia, Hungary, Slovenia, and the latest place, Russia.

I have to say that the most interesting place I've gone to is Mongolia. We lived in gers (aka yurts) for 2 weeks while we ventured across the country. The most difficult part of the trip was the food...All lamb, all the time. You know those Mongolian BBQ houses you see in the U.S., those are all lies. Trust me, there's no Mongolian BBQ in Mongolia.


We also enjoyed our trip to Russia! It's nothing like what I expected. No KGB on the prowl. No Russian spies lurking in dark corners and definitely, no Soviet workers toiling in fields.


In May, we're headed to Puerto Rico, probably one of our more tame trips, but we're hoping that they'll be a reason to stay close to home!

0 comments: