Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Counting Chickens Before They're Hatched

That's basically what we did on Friday and I was sadly disappointed...Looks like my antral follicle count was 4 on the right and 4 on the left with a low total of 8. There's always a chance that the count will go up with the meds and that I'll have good quality eggs, but then again, I've read about so many people that have 15+ eggs retrieved and only 2 or 3 making it to transfer.

On the bright side, the saline sonogram showed no abnormalities in my uterus. No fibroids, polyps, or cysts. The opening to my cervix is a bit tight, but Dr. P didn't seem to have any big issue with getting the catheter through.

The rest of my appointment on Friday was working out the logistics of the cycle. Ordering the meds, getting the dosage and the schedule finalized. Everything seems so overwhelming...

0 comments: