This is my first award and I'd like to thank all the people who helped me get here and...Ahem, sorry, wrong acceptance speech. I did win an award, though, and I'm officially a Beautiful Blogger. I really want to thank Venting Vagina for the award! Not only is her blog awesome, but she's also getting ready for a FET which will be around the same time as my IVF!
So, the instructions that go along with this award are as follows:
* Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
* Copy the award and place it in your blog
* Link the person who nominated you for this award.
* Tell us 7 interesting things about you
* Nominate 7 bloggers
* Post the links to the 7 bloggers you nominate.
And now for my seven interesting things:
1) I knew my Doc for many years before we started dating. He was a bible study teacher at the church I went to while I was in high school. Obviously, at the time I was not interested in him at all and we went our separate ways for 15 years before meeting up again.
2) I love zombie movies. It's a guilty pleasure. The cheesier and gorier, the better. Doc hates zombie movies and I tell him that one day, when the world is overtaken by zombies, I'll be the sole survivor because I'll know how to defeat the zombies.
3) I hate humidity with a passion. I grew up in Northern California and went to college in New York. Right after college, I lived in NYC for a year. Everyone assumes I moved back to Northern California because of the cold, but little do they know that it was the humidity that drove me out. I can't understand why it has to rain during the summer...Umbrellas are only for winter!
4) My celebrity crush is Brad Pitt (hubba-hubba). I've been crushing since he was in Thelma and Louise. He just seems to get better with age.
5) I am a book snob. I scoff at Oprah's Book Club books. I delight at going to independent book store readings. But, I have a secret...I loved the Twilight books. I read those books non-stop and finished the whole set in less than two weeks. I refused to read them in public, so only behind closed doors and covered windows. Oh, but were they good!
6) Doc and I were married in a museum. We wanted something different, but yet very elegant. It worked out well because it poured on our wedding day, so any outside pics that we wanted to take had to be switched to indoors. The museum paintings and interior provided great backdrops for all of our pics.
7) And lastly, I am a karaoke addict. I'm a terrible, horrible singer, but man, do I love me some karaoke. I think it has to do with my inner need for attention or maybe I was a singer in a past life. Whatever it is, I have absolutely no qualms about going up in front of strangers and howling out the lyrics to "Livin' On a Prayer" or some other 80s hair band (that's my specialty -- 80s hair bands).
And the lucky bloggers who get this award passed to them (sorry, I'm still new and only know 4 bloggers who haven't received this award yet):
1. Misconceptions About Conception
2. Chasing a Miracle
3. Confessions of a Fallopian Tube
4. Lily in the Valley