Monday, January 11, 2010

And Life Goes On

Yes, AF showed up this weekend. Saturday morning to be exact. Unfortunately, that wasn't the worst of my weekend.

It all started on Friday. I decided to be proactive and call the RE nurses to see if I needed to do anything prior to starting the gonadatropins, particularly if I started my cycle this weekend. So, I left a voicemail and they called back.

This is when she told me that I would need to take a training on injections and that the only give the training 1-2 times per week and only 1-2 couples per training. We were number 18 on the wait list, so if we were lucky we'd be able to get training in within a month, but most likely not for a couple months.

Needless to say, I was stunned. No one had mentioned any type of training particularly with a wait list. Had I known, I would've called 2 months ago and been put on the wait list. I even asked the RE at our last appointment if there was anything else that I needed to do before the gonadatropin cycle, in case this cycle of femara didn't work out. She said all I needed to do was sign a consent form which states you understand the side effects of the gonadatropins.

I emailed my RE and asked her why she didn't tell me about the training and why I'll have to wait probably another 2 cycles before starting the gonadatropins. She emailed back that I shouldn't have to wait that long and to let her know when the first day of my cycle is. I replied back and so far no answer.

Now I'm waiting for an email back for the RE and a phone call back from the nurses because if I can't start the gonadatropins, at least I want to start the femara and today is CD3. This is BS to the umpteenth degree. Just give me the damn meds.

0 comments: