Thursday, January 7, 2010

East Meets West




Yesterday was my first appointment with a new acupuncturist and it went great! She seems to know what she's doing and her office is quiet and relaxing. The only negative was that she seemed a bit harried. I don't know if it was due to the late patients (she mentioned that there were several late patients) or because she was the only one in the office, either way, she seemed a bit overwhelmed.

As I mentioned, this is my first appointment with my "new" acupuncturist. I switched over from my "old" acupuncturist, the one I had been going to from July until early December, because 1) I started clomid, and 2) no significant changes and obviously and most importantly, no baby. There seemed to have been some minor changes but I thought after almost six months of acupuncture and chinese herbs (and over $1K spent) that something would happen. He also didn't seem to be all that knowledgeable regarding the different fertility meds and their effects.

So, now I'm feeling pretty good. My new woman has gotten rave reviews from her clients and she specializes in fertility. Our appointment got off to a good start. She knew right away based upon my age and symptoms that I had a luteal phase defect. I also explained the issues with my thin lining. Based on that and the fact that I my blood work and HSG have both come back fine, she's going to be concentrating on really beefing up on my lining.

I'm not 100% sold that acupuncture will really help me, but what have I got to lose, right? There are articles on the positive effects of acu and also articles that show all those little needles do absolutely nothing. All I know is that even if it doesn't work, at least I will have tried everything and the sessions are very relaxing.

0 comments: